Cocoknits designs are simple, elegant and timeless. In this workshop, you’ll learn the Cocoknits Method for sweater construction, designed by Julie Weisenberger while knitting up your own gorgeous sweater.
The class fee includes 4 sessions, project support as needed, and the class recordings. See below for more details.
5 in stock
This Verena Jacket/Cardigan is worked using the Cocoknits Method*, a commonsense system for knitting seamless, tailored sweaters from the top down. Cocoknits designs are simple, elegant and timeless.
There are two versions of Verena. In this workshop we will be knitting Version A and cover the following:
- The Cocoknits Method for knitting the yoke and ribbed stand up collar.
- Right and left lifted increases on the right and wrong side.
- Shadow wrap short rows (easier than you think)
- Box pleat in back.
- A-line shape
*The Cocoknits Method is explained in detail in Cocoknits Sweater Workshop Book by Julie Weisenberger.
- Unlike most traditional patterns that create flat shapes, the tailored style of construction in these patterns creates truly three dimensional garments that impart a great fit upon completion.
- [An in-depth guide to choosing the right patterns for your figure type with considerations for colorwork, textured stitches, and hemlines all working in concert to create the right silhouette for you.] Refers to book.
- A system of tracking knitting progress in your own easy to follow customized worksheet.
- Sizes range from Small to 3XL.
- Top down sweater construction.
Intermediate (and up) Skill Level: Must be able to independently and confidently cast on using the long-tail method, knit, purl, decrease (SSK and K2tog), and bind off.
4 sessions all in the Eastern time zone (note different class lengths):
- Saturday, February 2 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, February 10 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Saturday, February 17 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Saturday, March 2 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Saturday, March 16 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm (if needed and not included in class fee, to be determined)
Can’t make the class in real time? You can purchase the class and receive the live recordings and any handouts.
Recommended: Cocoknits Sweater Workshop (Book) by Julie Weisenberger.
Pattern: Verena by Julie Weisenberger.
Materials/Homework will be emailed to you after registration.
Images: © Cocoknits
Have a question? Click here to send a message.