Jane finished her Double Basketweave Cowl. She had two skeins of each color of Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine which she held double (Worsted: 40% Alpaca, 40% Wool, 20% Silk, 197 yards). Clearly the grey had much less when it came down to the actual knitting. Not sure what to make of that. Thoughts?
She inadvertently did a garter gauge swatch for the Easy Folded Poncho versus a stockinette swatch. Knit happens, she cast on. Yarn: Juniper Moon Farm Zooey (DK: 60% Cotton, 40% Linen / Flax, 284 yards).
Here are the thoughts on this matter:
- It’s for measurements, if you keep track of the number of rows knit, you can match the front. This will make putting together much easier.
- Backs are a bit simpler, having a minimal or no neck shaping.
- The back at least starts with a long straight piece which gives you chance to get the stitch pattern in your head..You can then see what it looks like before you start any shaping.
|© Kelbourne Woolens & Linette Kielinski|
While I was ripping back Nurmilintu, she pulled out Bibbe. She put it away for a while has lost her bearings. Since she knit it longer than she intended, she is going to rip it back that way she’s more confident she’ll have enough yarn.
Mallory needed a refresher on how to do a SSK (Slip, Slip, Knit): slip one as if to knit, slip next following stitch as if to knit, insert left needle tip into fronts of slipped stitches on right needle and knit together. She is almost done with her current stocking. Time to begin the next, a wreath.
Calann was not happy with how the picked up edge looked on Tressage. Since it was a function of how the asymmetric version of the sweater was designed, she wanted to take it out and finish the sweater even. Yarn: Anzula Squishy (Fingering: 80% Merino, 10% Cashmer, 10% Nylon, 385 yards).
- MIT’s mascot is the beaver, nature’s engineer.
- Her father was a professor there. Cornelia’s parents met Winston Churchill and his wife when they visited the school.
- George Eastman anonymously donated all the land and money to build the current campus.