To recap ~ I love my colors, they are electric.
Modifications to pattern ~ I put in a yarnover in between two border garter stitches, then on the way back, I dropped the yarnover. This alleviated the pulling in of the sides by carrying the strands not in use. Organicgreenthumb on Ravelry described it well here.
I bound off using Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. I think the bind off row took as much time as the whole project.
Before blocking, the measurements were 13.5″ wide x 84″.
I soaked it in Eucalan wool wash while making dinner. I was able to easily block it to the finished measurements of 22″ x 94″. The combination of the added yarnovers while knitting and the stretchy bind off really made a big difference.
In case you’re interested in what was used/left:
- I had 33g out of 113g of the main color left (used 70%).
- 57 g left of contrast color 1. Ravelry didn’t have the weight of the skein, I’m guessing I used about half a skein.
- 32g out of 100g of contrast color 2 (used 68%).